In Arkansas, in addition to your Bill of Sale Form, to avoid penalties, you must apply for title and registration within thirty (30) calendar days of the date of transfer; or within thirty (30) calendar days of the date which a prior lien has been released, whichever date is later.
Arkansas law requires that an application for title be signed by the owner(s) of the vehicle. For your convenience the below title application form can be printed, signed by all of the owners and submitted to the state revenue office with the other required documents. Failure to have all signatures will result in rejection of the application for title and registration.
The following are some of the required documents needed to register and title a used vehicle:
- Previous owner’s title properly assigned to the buyer if it is a used vehicle.
- An invoice or bill of sale reflecting the full purchased price of the vehicle including any trade-in information.
- Odometer Statement. Under federal guidelines, vehicles less than 10 years old must have a fully completed odometer disclosure statement signed by both the buyer and the seller.
- A signed copy of the lien contract if you have financed the purchase.
- Sales tax, registration and title fees.
For complete information about titling and registration, and fees, contact your local DMV in Arkansas.