you sell your car or vehicle, you will need to give
a number of items to the buyer, including:
- The Colorado certificate of title which is in your name, (signed and printed)
in the sellers area of the title. If the title has more than one name shown
as owner, all owners must sign. You will need to fill in the name and address
of the buyer at this time.
- A completed odometer disclosure is required when the vehicle is less than
10 years old.
- A current emissions inspection certificate is required if the buyer lives
in an emissions area.
- A bill of sale. This must show the buyer's name(s), purchase price, vehicle
identification number, year and make of the vehicle. This must be signed
by the seller(s).
- License plates will remain with the seller.
- The new buyer may go to their county motor vehicle office, in the county
in which they live to obtain a temporary permit.
Contact your local Colorado DMV
for complete information.
Sell your car or truck
Photo in minutes!
Car Bill of Sale Forms for Motor Vehicles for US States
to Home Page